Sonja is a university student. Read about what she is studying.
Guess the missing words.
At university, I’m learning about positive psychology.
It’s the study of happy
people. It’s called “the science of happiness.” Here
are some ideas based on what
know about happy people. These are great suggestions!
- Remember the good things in your life. Many good things
Think about them.
- Do kind things. Make
people happy. You’ll be happy too.
- Say “thank you.” Take the time to say “thanks.”
- Take time for your family and friends. They care about
you. Let them know you care about
- Forgive people who make you feel bad. If you don’t
forgive, it is like you’re carrying a
. Put the weight down.
- Take care of your health. You know how to be
. Do those things!
good things when they happen. This is di erent from remembering. Live
in the present, not the past or the future.
- Learn ways to deal with problems.
has problems. Learn to move past them.
. What will you do this month? This year? In ve years? What are you going
to do today?
and check your answers.
YOUR STORY Keep a “happiness journal.”
Each week, record 5 to 6 good experiences.
Follow up. Review
your happiness journal.
Talk to a partner.
Share what good things happened last week.
Talk about the good things happening now.